In order to provide prospective families with a timely response to admission inquiries, CCS follows a simple admission process.
Scholarship students follow a slightly modified admission process depending on the type of scholarship and the award process. Our finance office will make scholarship families aware of any important changes or additions to the admission process.
- Application and Interview
Please submit to the school office a completed application form for each student. Once we receive your application(s), we will contact you to schedule a family interview. During the interview, we will tell you about CCS, answer your questions, and give you a tour of the school.
- Registration Fee
When you submit your application, a $150 fee is due to begin each child’s admission process. This fee will be refunded if CCS is unable to admit your child.
- Application Materials
Submit the following items to the school office:
Completed application (one per child)
Personal Testimony (for each student applying in grades 7–12)
A copy of state-certified birth certificate
Health Examination Form
FL DH-680 Certificate of Immunization
A copy of custody decree (if applicable)
- School Records
For prospective students for grades 1–12, request that your child’s previous school send the following items directly to
Community Christian School
5500 Eighteenth Street East
Bradenton, Florida 34203
• Official transcript: The transcript should be mailed directly to CCS from your previous school. If applying for grades 2–10, the transcript should include at least the past two years; if applying for grades 11–12, the transcript should include all high school work. If you need an official request to be sent by CCS to your previous school, please complete a records release and submit it to us.
• Nationally standardized achievement test scores (within the past two years): State tests do not satisfy this requirement.
• For prospective students entering kindergarten, readiness screening ($25 fee) will be scheduled at your convenience.
• Homeschooling families should submit a transcript and nationally standardized achievement test scores.
- Student Evaluations
Families of students in grades 1-12 should contact two people (non-family) to provide evaluations: a pastor/pastoral staff member of your church, a former teacher or administrator, an employer, etc.
- Administrative Approval
Based on the interview, application documents, and space availability, the administration will determine if CCS can meet the educational needs of your child(ren) and will inform you of the decision.