Think of a Zoom Meeting as a face-to-face meeting and conduct yourself as you would if you were all present in the same room. In addition there are some additional useful tips below to observe to help ensure the meeting goes smoothly for all involved:
- Follow the directions in your invitation email to join the Zoom class.
- Never share Zoom meeting join codes with anyone outside the members of that Zoom class.
- Join early – up to 5 minutes before the meeting start time.
- If you haven’t used Zoom before click here to download Zoom prior to the day of the meeting and familiarize yourself with any features you may need to use on the day – mute/unmute microphone, stop/start video, screenshare etc.
- Have your video on unless you are experiencing connection issues.
- Find a quiet space without interruptions / background noise.
- Have a plain background – avoid backlight from bright windows.
- Have good lighting on your face so you can be seen clearly.
- Adjust your camera to be at around eye level if possible – especially take note of the angle of your laptop screen if using the built-in camera.
Mute your microphone when not talking.
- Try to avoid talking over/at the same time as other participants.
- Be aware you are on camera and try to avoid doing other tasks, checking emails, looking at your phone etc.
- Dress apppropriately and modestly--no pajamas. Zoom teachers may remove you from a meeting if you are not dressed appropriately.
- Teachers will record attendance for Zoom classroom meetings.